Connexion

[HB]The Unmapped Forest v0.2 : Homebrews PS3 - PS3-Infos

[HB]The Unmapped Forest v0.2   

Les differents Homebrew pour votre PS3

[HB]The Unmapped Forest v0.2

Messagepar Attila » Sam 6 Aoû 2011 09:52

imageThe Unmapped Forest est un début de jeu par ThatOtherDev et pour l'instant, ce RPG consiste en une forêt dont des slimes vous suivent partout.
Pourquoi "unmapped" ? Tout simplement car vous devez copier les sprites du jeu séparément !

Version 0.2
I’ve fixed the problem that caused it to freeze at a black screen when running at certain resolutions.
You have health and can be hurt.
You can now kill monsters.
You gain experience for killing monsters and you can level up infinitely (there is no level cap).
When you level up your maximum health is increased and you are fully healed.
When a monster (or its corpse) and its spawn point are both out of view then the monster is given full health and returned to its spawn point to wait for you to approach.
There are now five types of monsters.
The world has been expanded upon. For anybody that wants to further edit the game world you can easily do so by modifying the file “/dev_hdd0/game/UNMAPPEDF/USRDIR/world.dat” with any text editor.
The camera is zoomed out further.
You can now use the right analog stick to move the camera around.
Movement speed has been slightly increased.
I have improved the way that sprites are layered (there is still a problem with things occasionally being incorrectly drawn in front of trees that they are standing behind but this will be fixed soon).
Improved collisions.

For anybody that hasn't noticed already the hero sprite and chests are from Neutopia II, the slime monsters are from The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and the grass and tree sprites are just ugly. I'm really more interested in programming then making sprites (I loathe drawing with a mouse) but I know there are a lot of people who are really into making sprites so I'm hoping that you might be one of them.

But I've tried the whole collaboration thing and it has consistently turned out to be a terrible idea. I'm not very fond of getting vague offers from 50 people only to find that most of them very obviously won't ever actually contribute anything or are horrible at what it is that they want to help with and that of the remaining few that actually appear to be both competent and motivated they mysteriously disappear off the face of the planet before finishing anything.

I'm not going to chase people down trying to get them to contribute. I would rather just make everything myself.

So let me define the rules of engagement as clearly as I ****ing can. A link to the sprite sheet is available bellow. The sprites for the final game need to be of the same size and fit on the same sheet in the same places. If you find it to be insufficiently clear where the borders are that the sprites are intended to be made within then leave a comment saying so and I will edit this post and add an additional copy of the sprite sheet that has them outlined. If you are interested in making sprites for this game then begin with making the sprites for the main character. The main character can look however you want them to look (they can be anything from an ultra cliche swords and sorcery dude to a three armed green woman with purple hair and robotic legs). If you complete the walking and attacking sprites for the main character in at least three of the eight directions then email your version of the sprite sheet to me at [email protected] and I will then potentially respond.

PS3 controls:
Left analog stick = Move
X button = attack

TheUnmappedForest v0.2.pkg

623f09.zip

http://thatotherdev.com/Site officiel : http://thatotherdev.com/
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
Attila
Administrateur du site

Retourner vers Homebrews PS3